With the support of individuals, groups, and grants, WIN is meeting the needs of women. Our most recent accomplishments include:
- A New Look at Aging: held at Georgia Northwestern Technical College on February 15, 2018.
- Human Trafficking Meets Healthcare: An Opportunity for Intervention held on January 26, 2018.
- Empower Youth: Exploitation Prevention in Schools and Youth Service Programs held on September 21, 2017
- Women and Alzheimer’s held on November 1, 2016
- LIFE: The Final Chapter, Write Your Own Ending held on September 27, 2016
- Lunch With A Doctor: A program on Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis held on May 25, 2016
- World Menopause Day Event: held at Kennesaw State University on October 17th, 2003. Event included professional speakers, exhibits, refreshments and bone screening.
- Practical Answers to Common Menopausal Questions (April 17, 2004), a workshop that covered practical strategies for addressing perimenopausal issues as well as updates on traditional and non-traditional therapies.
- Coordinated Spring Training: a regional health fair involving over 50 agenecies. Spring Training also included a 4 week health promotion with a baseball theme.
- Calendar girls (2005, 2006, 2007)
- Dinner With A Doctor (Oakwood, GA, July 26, 2007; Rome, GA, November 28, 2006)- a program on prevention, detection, and treatment of osteoporosis designed for women over 50.
- Let the Change Begin (Albany, GA, January 27, 2007; Gwinnett Medical Center, February 24, 2007)- A workshop designed to help midlife women begin to understand menopause.
- Featured in Southern Living (April 2007)
- Time for your Fiscal Physical (2007), a program discussing financial priorities for women: preparation of essential end of life documents
- Midlife Momentum (2007), a comprehensive workshop designed to help midlife women understand menopause. The seminar empowers participants to make informed and individualized choices by blending their personal history with current health information.
- Osteoporosis: The silent epidemic that remains untreated (2008), a conference designed to provide specific and current information about the osteoporosis epidemic for health professionals
- Women Going Green (2008), an event designed to inform women about simple steps and resources to get on the “green” path to better health for themselves and the environment.
- “Addiction: The Undisclosed Disease”(2010)(addiction to prescription meds, treatments, resources)