To educate and empower girls and women about health issues through information and interaction
The Women’s Information Network(WIN) is dedicated to providing an educational forum for non-pregnant women. The efforts of WIN are dedicated to informing the community about the latest gender-specific research data in an accurate and nonthreatening manner.
We believe accurate information and the opportunity to dialogue with experts and other women facilitates personal decision-making. Current research knowledge, provided with information about healthy options and actions, can empower women to negotiate the health care system and motivate them toward the achievement of better health.
WIN envisions that women in Northwest Georgia will have current, gender-specific, research-based health and wellness programming and resources necessary for informed decision-making and action.
- To provide health information for girls and women that is gender-specific and focused on prevention.
- To serve as a source of information and advocacy about women’s health needs & services.
- To develop and conduct health and wellness programs for non-pregnant girls and women.
- To determine and provide programs and services for non-pregnant women that are currently unavailable, but needed in the community.
- To develop networks to improve the status of women’s health.